Welcome to a special Interview with Luna Fighter
1. Who are you?
My name is Fighter Luna
2. Where are you from?
I live in East London, was born in Northamptonshire England, but have parents of Cherokee descent.
3. Please describe your personality or wrestling style in three words.
STRONG, EXPLOSIVE and/or SEXY
4. Do you think you tell a lot about a person’s personality in the way they wrestle?
Does your personality come out in your wrestling style, if so, can you describe this.
Yes. I am very independent and powerful. Wrestling is mostly an independent sport and strength definitely helps when you have a 100kg guy trying to defend your pins.
5. How did you get into session wrestling?
I’ve been training in Martial Arts for around 8 years now and new a wrestler at my gym who was a well known Mixed Wrestler in her day.
6. What do you love most about being a session wrestler, how does it suit you, your lifestyle/personality?
I love meeting different, new people every week. I’ve been able to travel around the world and I also get to practice my technique on a variety of different skilled people.
7. Please tell me about your background and experience which lead into what you are doing today? When did you first become attracted to combat sports/wrestling, can you remember a pinnacle event/occurrence which truly steered you in the direction of becoming an athlete/wrestler? For some it stems back to childhood, for other it’s a recent thing, either way, please describe this in a few paragraphs.
When I first moved to London around 8 years ago, I started boxing, I then went a stage further a joined a mixed martial arts gym where I continued boxing, but started training in submission wrestling, muay thai and also mma. I’ve always been quite fit and strong, I inherited the strength and muscle from my parents.
These days I don’t really drink, I don’t smoke, I’m vegetarian and I need to train most days. It’s all about increasing the level of endorphins in your body – it’s so important. When I train hard, I feel like I could rule the world.
I have been all different sizes, I’ve been very light and also pretty heavy, but the most important thing to me is being happy, healthy and strong.
8. What’s your speciality?
Apart from boxing. I love wrestling, controlling my opponent with my legs whilst finishing them with my hands. I love a good rear naked choke.
9. What are your favourite types of session?
I’m literally game for ANYTHING!
10. How long have you been wrestling for?
I’ve been mixed wrestling for around 4 or 5 years
11. What are your favourite outfits for wrestling and why?
I like an outfit that is secure and sexy. There’s nothing worse than your naughty bits popping out when you’re just about to win a round.
12. What is it about your characteristics that make you a good session wrestler?
I’m a kind, caring person, but I also am very serious and passionate about the sport of wrestling. It’s not just a way to make money. Sport is my life.
13. Did you have any plans to travel and wrestle?
I really want to do Los Angeles, New York, Florida or another part of America early next year.
14. What’s the story behind your wrestling name?
I was dating an Italian guy at the time and he suggested the Italian word for the moon because “he said my eyes looked like the moon”?
15. Are there any wrestlers you really admire and why?
Mystique is an animal she is SO fast, in fact most of the original LWS girls are pretty amazing. I also fought Toned Tommi when I wrestled in Germany – she tore me to shreds. Very strong.
16. What other things do you enjoy in life? Does this help with wrestling?
I’m massively into weight training which obviously really helps with the wrestling. I also love just relaxing with friends, films and I’m super in love with my kitty’s of course.